Monday, February 23, 2009

Well!

That rocked! BEN FRANKLIN made some new friends yesterday at the Cake Shop, I think. It's been a while since I've played a loud and crazy rock show, and it's also been a while since I've had anybody be so excited to have us there. The crowd, which was mostly people we didn't know, was really supportive and everyone seemed like they had a great time.

I managed to bumble the lyrics on the opening song in the second verse, but I don't think anyone besides Eddie and Sarah noticed. I had that sudden dear-in-headlights moment where I was horrified, "what's the third line? oh fuck!" and I just made something up. I have no idea what it was, now! Other than that, I think we pretty nailed each tune we played. We worked really hard to make that set totally kick ass, and I do believe we did exactly that -- in only three rehearsals!

On Saturday, Eddie and I took a trip out to Jersey to play in Sarah's space and do the final rehearsal. The two of them are such a pleasure to make music with, it's ridiculous. And you find that out about people when you take trips with them.

From here, Eddie and I are going to do some acoustic things until Sarah comes off SXSW and recording with some other bands. So probably no big loud rock shows again until April, but Flight of the Franklin will be around to entertain and keep it real. 

Respec!

No comments: