Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh you gotta learn to shut up

The Editors:

If you pull down a six- or seven-figure salary working in a cushy media job, and especially if you spend time in a makeup chair before putting on your gossipy news “show”, you forfeit the right to speak for the “working class”, or anybody who has a real job, ever again. If your made-up face on your catty chat show is beamed down to normal people from far-out satellites, you are basically a Mick Ronson riff away from being Ziggy Stardust, and should probably work on coming to grips with that, rather than imagining that you are somehow the authentic proletariat. You’re a freaky moonage rich person in spaced-out freaky daydreamland, man. Deal with it.


Oh I don't know how we'd survive 2008 without the Poor Man Institute.

Actually, that reminds me. A lot of people say shit like "I don't know how we're going to survive if ___" and usually ___ is filled with "another Republican is elected," and I know I am ever the annoying optimist, but seriously:

Fuck that. I don't know about you, but I'm not one to just pack up my shit and go home.

No comments: